Erin graduated from Northeastern University in Boston, MA with a Master’s degree in counseling in 2000. She has experience working in a variety of settings, including substance abuse inpatient program in a hospital, emergency department of a hospital, an Employee Assistance Program and has been in private practice for the past 13 years.
She is currently on the Spectrum Health Post Partum Panel of Preferred Providers. Erin is a highly effective, solution-focused therapist working with adolescents as well as adults and enjoys engaging people in the process of positive change.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Areas of expertise and clinical interests:
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Divorce & post-divorce issues for adults and adolescents: how to navigate through all stages of the process
- Substance Abuse Issues
- Woman/Perinatal Issues: miscarriage/loss of baby, difficulty conceiving/infertility, postpartum anxiety/depression, help with transition to parenthood
- Post-traumatic reactions from significant losses or experiences
- Anger & assertiveness problems
- Grief & Loss
- Low self-esteem or motivation
- Relationship & social problems
- Adjustment to life changes for adolescents and adults: life transitions, college related issues, death of a loved one, unexpected catastrophes, financial problems. work changes, school changes, moving, ongoing stressful life events
- Pre-marital counseling
Adolescents age 12 & older
Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Please call 616.949.7460 and ask to schedule an appointment with Erin Elsen.